Sunday, 24 July 2016

Chapter Chat: Twitter Group

The Magic Faraway Tree

We are really excited this term to be reading The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton.  A family classic.  As we did last term, we will be taking part Chapter Chat NZ where the children will be able to show their understanding of the book via Twitter.  

They will be tweeting with the children in the Turanga Team, our Bloggy's in New Plymouth and loads of other Primary aged children. 

It is a great way to model to children how to be responsible online citizens by teaching them what is appropriate to say, the importance of writing sentences that make sense and how they can have sensible conversations about a particular topic.  

We hope you are just as excited as we are. 

Please note - children do not have their own Twitter Account, they use a class account and all Tweets are monitored by the teacher on the Tweet Deck displayed on the class TV Screen.





1 comment:

  1. I like this story and I know all the books in that group I my mum reads them to me she did it when I was little every night! By Amelia

    ReplyDelete